Who we are
Our website address is: https://kennelclubjersey.com.
References to KCJ, we, our or us in this privacy notice are to The Kennel Club of Jersey
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us / participation in any KCJ organised event. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so, but our Secretary has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation. Contact details are set out in the “Contacting us” section at the end of this privacy notice.
Personal Information we may collect from you
Depending on the type of membership you have with us, you may initially provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your:
- personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- date of birth;
- membership start and end date;
- records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- use of and movements through our Website, IP addresses and other IT system identifying information;
- records of your attendance at any events hosted by us;
- images in video and/or photographic form;
- your correspondence preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you.
- details of any Breed or Kennel Club membership;
- show results and details regarding events and matches;
- any disciplinary and grievance information;
- Details of dogs bred, owned, and shown, and any related Kennel Name you own or are associated with.
WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We typically collect personal information about our members when you apply to become a member of the club, when you enter our shows/events when you make a query and/or complaint or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way.
We also may collect personal information about you from any third party references you provide as part of the application process for membership
If you are providing us with details of referees, they have a right to know and to be aware of how what personal information we hold about them, how we collect it and how we use and may share that information. Please share this privacy notice with those of them whom you feel are sufficiently mature to understand it. They also have the same rights as set out in the “Your rights in relation to personal information” section below.
Uses made of the information
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for being able to do this.
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|To administer any membership you have with us and managing our relationship with you, including dealing with payments and any support for KCJ organised show / event entries, dog registrations or enquiries made by you||All contact and membership details, payment information, records of your interactions with us, and correspondence preferences.||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer your membership contract with us|
|To arrange and manage any show / event entries or dog registrations||Contact details, and payment information.|
Records of your interactions with us.
|This is necessary to enable us to properly administer and process any show / event entries or dog registrations for the provision of any services you have purchased from us.|
|To send you information which is included within your membership benefits package, including details about upcoming shows and events, affiliated club (including Registered and Listed status clubs offers, events and discounts.||Contact and membership details.||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer your membership contract with us|
|To send you our newsletters, information about membership, events, and information about our affiliated / associated clubs||Contact details and|
|Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so|
|To answer your queries or complaints||Contact details and records of your interactions with us||We have a legitimate interest to provide complaint handling services to you in case there are any issues with your membership.|
|Retention of records||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest in retaining records whilst they may be required in relation to complaints or claims. We need to retain records in order to properly administer and manage your membership and run the KCJ, and in some cases we may have legal or regulatory obligations to retain records.|
|To conduct data analytics studies to better understand event attendance and trends within the sport||Records of your attendance at any events or shows / events hosted by us.||We have a legitimate interest in doing so to ensure that our membership is targeted and relevant.|
|For the purposes of promoting the club, our events and membership packages.||Images in video and/or photographic form.||Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so.|
|To comply with health and safety requirements||Records of attendance, and other information obtained through electronic means||We have a legal obligation and a legitimate interest to provide you and other members of our organisation with a safe environment in which to participate in our sport.|
|To administer your attendance at any courses /seminars or programmes you sign up to||All contact and membership details,|
transaction and payment data.
Details of any membership and performance data.
|This is necessary to enable us to register you on to and properly manage and administer your attendance on the course, seminar and/or programme.|
|To gather evidence for possible grievance or disciplinary hearings||All the personal information we collect||We have a legitimate interest in doing so to provide a safe and fair environment for all members and to ensure the effective management of any disciplinary hearings, appeals and adjudications.|
For some of your personal information you will have a legal, contractual or other requirement or obligation for you to provide us with your personal information. If you do not provide us with the requested personal information we may not be able to admit you as a member or we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you or comply with legal obligations and we may have to terminate your membership or refuse entry into our Shows /events. For other personal information you may not be under an obligation to provide it to us, but if you do not provide it then we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you.
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the “Contacting us” section below.
Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of the data made before you withdrew your consent and we may still be entitled to hold and process the relevant personal information to the extent that we are entitled to do so on bases other than your consent. Withdrawing consent may also have the same effects as not providing the information in the first place, for example we may no longer be able to provide certain member benefits or allow entry to KCJ organised show /events to you.
Disclosure of your PERSONAL information
We share personal information with the following parties:
- Any party approved by you.
- To any specific bodies relating to handling or showing: to allow them to properly administer the sports on a local, regional and national level. i.e. for entry and qualification for UK Handling championships, handling diplomas, Jersey Champion status etc
- Our chosen print supplier for the publication of Exhibitor data in the show catalogue. You have the option to withhold your address from the catalogue if you so wish.
- TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
The personal information we collect is not transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK and the European Union.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. Generally, where there is no legal requirement we retain all physical and electronic records including data relating to Registered and Listed Status Clubs (the clubs), and Data relating to competitors at KCJ organised events for a period of 5 years from receipt. Exceptions to this rule are:
- Details regarding unsuccessful membership applicants where we hold records for a period of not more than 12 months;
- Show entries for a period of not more than 2 years;
- Membership information for the duration of your membership and for a period of not more than 2 years after your membership has ceased.
- Information held about dogs will be held indefinitely in underpinning the KCJ registration records. Personal data may be redacted upon request, but not so as to compromise the KCJ registration records.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address. You can inform us of any changes by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to data portability i.e request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another kennel club / organisation; and
- the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the Jersey Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com
Version dated [ 1.0 ] May 2018